Complete an Audition Form
using one of the following options:
Be sure to include or bring a COMPLETED list of rehearsal conflicts. Decisions and rehearsal schedules will be based on your announced conflicts. No exceptions.
- Complete and submit the online audition form at least 48 hours before auditions (this is StageWest’s preferred method of for form submissions)
- Print an audition form and bring it to auditions
- Arrive 20-30 minutes before your audition appointment and fill out the form in person.
Schedule an Audition Appointment:
- To make an appointment, please contact Bryan Doty no later than two days before the audition dates via phone (515.778.7367) or e-mail.
- First auditions will be scheduled at 15 minutes intervals
- Walk-ins are welcome, however, you will have to wait to audition after the appointments are concluded.
- If you absolutely cannot attend a scheduled audition, contact Bryan Doty. Alternate times are not guaranteed, but we’ll be happy to talk to you about your conflict. We know you have busy schedules and we’re implementing this process to benefit you, the actor. *
Preparing for the Audition
- Actor auditions are from the script.
- No prepared monologues required.
- Vocalists should bring a prepared song.
- An accompanist will be provided for musical auditions
- Auditions are your opportunity to demonstrate your capabilities to the director in a personal setting – so go for it! We want to maximize the creative opportunity for you and minimize the time you need to spend at first auditions.
Checking-out Advance Scripts
- Scripts available for perusal by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 515-309-0251.
- Scripts may be checked out for four days, returned promptly to StageWest.
We have a downtown at 110-11th Street (between Mulberry and Cherry). Auditions and rehearsals will be held there.
- All actors will receive a monetary stipend.
- In addition, cast members will receive complimentary season tickets to StageWest.
- All cast & crew are provided free promo and production photos of the show.
is to provide a welcoming, informative and creative atmosphere during the audition process. Everyone is encouraged to attend, everyone! Casting decisions are based on what you deliver at auditions, appropriateness for the role, compatibility with other casting choices, and your availability to attend rehearsals and performances. You must be available to attend ALL tech week rehearsals and performances.