- This event has passed.
The Baltimore Waltz
Dec 5, 2014 @ 7:30 pm - Dec 7, 2014 @ 10:30 pm$50.00
By Paula Vogel
DATES: December 5th, 6th, and 7th, 2014
TIMES: Fri & Sat at 7:30 p.m., Sun at 2 p.m.
A giddy, farcical fantasy based on the love and adventures of a brother and sister, one of whom has a fatal disease. The diagnosis of a deadly virus sends the Anna and Carl spinning off to Europe to find romance and a cure before the final crashing scenes where reality sets in.
Pulitzer winning playwright Paula Vogel’s response to the 1988 death of her brother Carl, who died from complications due to AIDS before they were able to enjoy a long planned European vacation. Winner of the 1992 Obie Award for Best New American Play.
This special performance will be held in the Temple Theatre at the Temple for Performing Arts, 1011 Locust Street, downtown Des Moines. Tickets are general seating and will go on sale September 2. Seating is limited, so we encourage you to get your tickets early! Click here for tickets.
- Anna – Madeleine Russell
- Carl – Kivan Kirk
- Third Man/Doctor – Ethan Peterson
- Director – Brad Dell
- Production Manager – Shelby Burgus
- Stage Manager – Hannah Rublaitus
- Set Design – Tim Wisgerhof
- Lighting Design – Clay Daggett
- Costumes Design – Kelly Marie Schaefer
- Property Design – Kelsi Tedesco
- Sound Design – Chris Williams
- Hair / Make up Design – Cindy Hummel
- Dramaturge – Nancy Evans
- Master Carpenter – Paul Mostrom
- Dialect Coach – Jodi Goble